Thursday, March 13, 2008

Analysis Skills activity

My response: I think that this is an interesting statement. She talkes abouthow she wants to be judged on her own merits, which is a positive thing, but she goes on the talk about her husband's administration. I think that it is an emotional response because I think of how the president is going to effect my every day life. The author wants you to believe that she is her own person. I think that the thesis, i I want to be judge on my own merits. I think it fits into a persuasive genre. She is trying to persuade you into believing that her actions are true to herself. I know this object from watching the elections.

Friend's response: I think that Hilary Clinton would be a fine president. I have an emotional response because i think of how I would feel if she was president. The author wants the audience to feel like she is independent in her choices. The thesis is, I don;t want to be advantaged or disadvantaged. I am not sure the genre it fits into. I know this object from watching the news.

Sim/Dif: Our responses of emotion were very similar. We both had the same views in the structure of the statement, Except for the part of the thesis. On the other hand our views on the statement itself differed in opinion. Overall, our reactions were somewhat similar but varied slightly in the way we looked at the statement

No comments: