Thursday, February 14, 2008

Subcultures

The two subcultures that i thought of doing were kids who play role playing games such as world of warcraft and music geeks. I think that kids who are into role playing games generally tend to hang out with others like them because they are always at the computer. It seems that these games are really addicting and people who play these games all have somewhat similar personalities. I dont know though i could be completely wrong, but it seems as though they tend to hang out with each other. In terms of music geeks, I think that there are a lot of different music geeks. There are the typical band geeks which played in the high school band. I know in high school they always hung out with each other. Then you got your hippie stoner music festival geeks. Those who get together in a mass pool of hippie love and listen to jam bands through their acid filled ears. And sometimes you get both of these types of music geeks together. Don't get me wrong i love music geeks because I am one myself. In general music geeks are all the same they just have different tastes in music.

1 comment:

gheene10 said...

I really like the world of warcraft idea because the music geeks seems like it can be too broad and while world or warcraft is pretty narrow, there are also different types of players so you could show hardcore players compared to casual players and how it can affect their lives. There has been a couple reports i've seen on the news too about this so I'm sure you could find a lot of info on it through that or from the millions that play it. There is a facebook group that is made by a group of girls that hate world of warcraft cuz it takes away time from their boyfriends so it would be good to talk to some of them